A typical day at the Co-op includes:
- Circle Time: a chance for the children to learn to participate in a group setting and share ideas.
- Center Time: opportunities to explore the activities available in the classroom learning centers.
- Snack Time: snack is served family style with emphasis on self-help skills, we serve fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- Indoor/Outdoor Play: a chance to run, jump, climb, dance and develop those large muscles!
- Songs & Stories: language and literacy are encouraged with songs and stories!
Our Head Teacher plans curricula using the State of Connecticut Preschool Curriculum Framework and The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Accreditation Standards as guides in developing our play-based curriculum, which includes:
- early literacy and math
- school readiness
- science discovery
- nature journaling
- music and movement
- fine and gross motor development
- creative art
- field trips and special events
- and so much more!
We provide a nurturing, creative environment in which to play, observe, and experience new things.
We provide space for children to explore and get messy with art, to run and climb.
We sing songs, read books, build and play, imagine and create.
We encourage building relationships and constructive problem-solving with peers.
We focus on family involvement.
We guide children as they develop the skills needed for a successful transition to kindergarten.
We have a low adult to child ratio allowing for more one-on-one time with each child.